We have 48 guests and no members online
KingdomWord on YOUTUBE
- Hits: 509
DATE: SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY 2012;TEXT: Proverbs 9:1-5; II Samuel 6:9, 13-14
There is a dimension of redemption that cannot be seen elsewhere except in Zion. Here it says “wisdom builds its house with seven pillars”. This house is none other than the house of the Lord, Mount Zion. Satan defeated many until one man Jesus came, and he could not stand Him. Satan was utterly defeated by Him. He defeated Satan by His death on the cross. The Lord is coming with ten thousand of His saints for the final conquest of Satan and all His cohorts. When God builds His house by the seven pillars of wisdom nothing can withstand it.
Today, we seek to bring out certain things about bringing back the glory of God. In II Samuel 6:9, here the ark of the Lord typifies the glory of God. God’s battle at this time of the end will be done by none other but God himself. And no man shall take of his glory. Zachariah said “it’s neither by might, nor by power but by my Spirit says the Lord”. However this does not take away the responsibility from us to work righteously. But this shall be as we trust in His ability to make us righteous.
Here again is a list of the seven pillars mentioned last week:-
1. Sacrifices (Oxen and Fat lings were offered) – We said that these two are required when we realize that we are bereft of the glory of God. The first is the whole burnt offering talking about total surrender and dead to self. The second is the peace offering which we shall consider today.
3. The Ephod
4. Shouting and Trumpets
The above are the four (4) pillars required for the glory of God to come down.
David desired to know how he could bring the Ark of the Lord unto Himself. As he sought earnestly, it was revealed to him as above. These are the four requirements for bringing back the glory.
The remaining three (3) are required to retain the glory that we have received of Him.
5. A Cake of Barley bread
6. A good piece of Flesh
7. Flagons of wine
We shall consider the second kind of offering today, which is the “Peace offering”. Anybody seeking to bring the glory of God to himself must of necessity offer a peace offering. A peace offering suggests that there has been a dispute or differences with the parties involved. The offering is summed up in two words: - 1) to be at peace with God – The first aspect of this is in maintaining a state of peace with God. This He made possible through the blood of Jesus Christ. 2) To be at peace with one another - The second part of the offering is between you and the brethren. If you do not have a right standing with another brother then we cannot have peace with God. Owe no man anything except to Love one another.
The peace offering must be two ways: -
1) All disobedience to God must be dealt with completely. When we are at peace with God, His glory will appear unto us beyond our comprehension. All we need do is to trust, obey and say yes to Him. The church of God needs the glory now more than ever before. When the glory of the Lord is upon His church the people will fear him. But we must bring the peace offering unto the Lord.
In Leviticus 3: 1-5 we see a description of the peace offering. It is a fellowship offering whereby all differences with God must be sorted out. Theses may not be acts of outright sins. Outright sins are taken care of by the Sin offering. The peace offering can either be male or female. The female character of the Lord shows Him to be caring, loving and compassionate. The male character showcases His strength of heart and determination to the father’s will. He said “… I have come to do thy will oh Lord”. We cannot do the work of God at this time carnally. Evert victory not obtained by the finished work on the cross cannot be rewarded by the Lord. Men may praise you and acknowledge you. But you have no reward of God in heaven.
The following can be said about the peace offering:-
* You must identify with the offering. We must learn to identify with the finished work of grace at all time. Our strength must be drawn from Him. Identify with him, Lay hold on him.
* The peace offering must be killed. There is another element of death involved. God is not wishing for us to die physically, but this speaks of dying to self, about a living sacrifice, while yet alive in this world God is killing your flesh and the members thereof. It is a more acceptable sacrifice unto God. Precious unto God is the death of his servant. If we must bring back the glory of God back unto us then we must die unto self. It takes dying to self to go out of your way to relate to one who does not think good of you and yet that is what is required to bring back the glory of God.
* The blood of sprinkling talks about speaking. It says “…the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things….” We must be speaking the promises of God which are YEA and AMEN.
* The fat must be removed from the peace offering. Fat speaks of our strength, our natural endowments. We must let them go and not offend others with it.
* The Fat must be burnt. Get rid of it completely. In fact play the fool.
* The two kidneys must be removed. The kidney removes all waste from the body. This speaks o f the provision in Christ that enable us to get rid of all unwanted wastes, defilement in our lives. They are two because it can be either good or bad wastes. Both must be gotten rid of. When we allow the wastes to accumulate for long, evil spirits can take hold of us and take the glory away from us. We must learn to cleanse our selves always from defilement.
* “..The fat that is on them which is by the flank and the caul above the liver...” This speaks of transparency in all our dealings and relationship. God says He is bringing back the glory; let the peace offering be brought to the Lord.
2) The other aspect of the Peace Offering emphasizes reconciliation with one another. We must be true friends in the body Christ. There must be true fellowship. There must be “koinonia” in the house of God. We have a responsibility to bridge the gap between one another. Let us bring the peace offering unto the Lord.
The second pillar of wisdom is “THE DIVINE DANCE’. II Samuel 6:14 – the Hebrew word translated dance means
* To dance around the circle
* To twist or whirl in a spiral manner. The bible says that the Lord comes in whirl wind
It means to dance, wait, fear, bring forth, made to bring forth, calf, to drive away, fall grievously with pain, to fear or grieve, to be pained, concerned with something.
The divine dance here simply means that when the Lord gives us a burden, it grips our spirit and holds us so strongly that we are burdened with it. Jeremiah said thy word is like fire in my bones. It is all about responding to the burden that the Lord has given unto us. It is not about physically moving our bodies. It is responding to the call of God with all our might and strength and heart and soul. God will cause us to be moved by His word to that extent. That is spiritual dancing. Issachar saw that rest was good and he bowed down his shoulder to bear the burden.
The book of Zephaniah 3:18 reads “…those that the reproach of the house has become a burden, I will gather them unto my solemn assembly”. Until a people are burdened enough to obey God, His glory will not be revealed. David did not care who was watching him or looking at him. We must be willing to follow him, obey him and follow his commands. The Lord gives a word if there is no burden, we will not be able to run with it.
Leviticus 7:9- This speaks of the diverse dealings of God in our lives. Some of them are like the oven experiences whereby He allows us to groan and bake in the secret as it were in an oven without anybody seeing us. Others are open and public frying like the frying of bean cake. Whenever anybody asks for a help from us we must never respond based on our present mode or situation or the way we feel at the moment. It is when your heart is burdened that you can dance. We shall consider next “The SHOUTING and TRUMPETS”.